Thursday, July 9, 2009

When..



When there remain no words to be uttered…
No thoughts to be shared.
When there are pools of illusion between your worlds and mine.
When the droplets of the first monsoon showers,
Neither fill my heart with love nor succor
When futility seems to be the only companion,
And relationships fade into the complexities of “me”, “mine” and “my own”.
When a vision languishes into dream and dream into harsh reality,
When life loses its colour in blinding individuality.
When it hurts, yet the heart forgets to sigh.
When tears freeze into vain laughter,
And eyes forget to cry.
When I am not myself and you, not you.
When everything else is a silent desertion…
Suddenly then!
Tinkles a tiny bell somewhere in the distance,
And the rays of the evening deeya forces in through my shut doors.
All questions then silence themselves into mute answers.
The stormy heart seeks neither dreams nor prayers,
But just for a languorous peace,
Melting the soul into a silent trance.
Away from the realms of Being and Becoming…
Here I dwell in a few fleeting moments,
In the embalmed emptiness of my soul…

No comments: